The creative industries’ centre for innovation and development
Media Evolution City is the hub for the digital and creative industries in Malmö. The space were created by the member organization Media Evolution. The main purpose of this house is to featherbed the conditions for growth and development among the involved industries by bringing them together. The concept is based on knowledge exchange and an adamantine “united we are strong” culture.
At Media Evolution City, both small and large businesses meet. We have a beautiful mix of architects, productions studios, freelancers, technologists, food manufacturers and more. The diversity is fundamental, and we really value the fact that the business world can meet the academy and public sector in a natural way here. Together with Wihlborgs Fastigheter, the owner of the house, we offer a wide range of offices, conference rooms and meeting points.
Before building Media Evolution City, we really wanted to factor in the wants and wishes of our members. Therefore, we sent out a survey where everyone got to answer what they wanted from their dream workplace. From the answers we could gather three components that sort of became the catchwords for the entire transformation: flexibility, simplicity and low thresholds.
Book a meeting room!
We’ve got eight unique meeting rooms in our Meeting Point area at Media Evolution City. There are smaller rooms for close encounters, some larger ones for workshops and group meetings, and a really big one for lectures, exhibitions and conferences.
All our rooms are flexibly furnished to meet the needs of your specific meeting. They are fully equipped with wi-fi and modern technology.
Your office here?
Our co-working space is conveniently located in the harbor of Malmö. We offer a great variety of office solutions in all different sizes at Media Evolution City. Give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to help you find what you’re looking for.
The Best Visit
Come and visit us at Media Evolution City!
Bring your team, your students or colleagues from the third floor – we would love to have you! We have created a nice and interesting package for you, which we humbly call “The Best Visit”. It includes an inspiring tour of the house, our thoughts on the future, delicious coffee and a fruitful workshop designed based on your needs. Read more.
Media Evolution City
Adress – Stora Varvsgatan 6a, 21119 Malmö
GET HERE BY:
Bike – We have lots of cycle parking spaces, right outside.
Public transport – 7 minute walk to/from Malmö Central Station, a hub for trains, regional and local buses. Skånetrafiken’s bus lines 3 and 5 stops right outside the house (Dockan stop).
Car – Parking/garage space close to Dockan on Isbergs gatan and Hallenborgs gata
Plane – One of Europe’s largest airports, Kastrup in Copenhagen, is just 20 minutes away.
Media Evolution City in figures
The building measures 7,500 square metres.
More than 100 companies are based here.
Capacity for up to 500 people.
The building opened in 2012.
Media Evolution City is a collaboration between Media Evolution (with players from the media industries in Skåne and Blekinge), Wihlborgs, Region Skåne and the City of Malmö. The building was created from a need for flexible workspace and a meeting place for companies active in the media industries. The building was designed by Juul Frost Architects.
Click the link below to see the Annual Report from Media Evolution City:
Go to Annual Report Media Evolution City AB
Your personal integrity is important to us at Media Evolution City. Therefore, we are committed to protect any personal data that you might have shared with us previously, as well as any personal data that you will share with us in the future.
With the Data Policy displayed below, we aim to be transparent about the way in which we collect, process and protect your data according to the new GDPR guidelines. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the policy.
Why do we collect personal data? When we refer personal data in this policy, we mainly refer to information such as names, email addresses and company names. Much of what we do at Media Evolution City revolves around these specific types of information. The purpose of collecting this data is because of the following reasons:
• To administer your subscription to our various newsletters so that you can be informed about activities, events, meetups, surveys and other news that could be of general interest to you as a member/friend/customer of Media Evolution City and any of its branches (including Media Evolution, The Conference and The Festival). Please note that you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the “Avregistrera” button in the bottom of any given newsletter.
• To be able to process registrations and ticket sales when we arrange activities within the frames of our organization, as well as to be able to notify our attendees about changes in the program or potential cancellations.
• To be able to statistically summarize the outcome of our events, as well as to determine the level of interest our community has shown in a particular project of ours.
What type of data do we collect and what do we do with it, then?
Normally when we collect personal data of some capacity, it could be any of the following types of data:
• Personal details such as name, email address, working title, company, gender and membership are collected when you sign up for our events. This is so that we can see who’s coming.
• Personal details such as your email address is collected when you sign up for our newsletters. This is so that we can inform you about news related to the organization.
• Personal details such as name, email address, company, country and payment method are collected when buying tickets to The Conference. This is so that we can estimate how many are coming, where they are from and how they made the transaction.
How do we process the personal data?
By signing up to any of our given newsletters and events, you have permitted us to use this data in compliance with our data policy. We never sell this data with a third party or jeopardize the data by extracting it from our system.
At certain events, we have a photographer documenting the general atmosphere by taking pictures for us. If you wish to not be photographed or have your photo removed from any potential material (digital or analog) in which you’re visible, just let us know.